The University of Iowa Office of Sustainability was created to be a focus point for sustainability activities on campus and to expedite action and change through:
- Communicating challenges and successes;
- Connecting individuals and organizations to catalyze action;
- Promoting a culture of sustainability;
- Coordinating events and activities to build awareness; and
- Maintaining the credibility and public trust of the University of Iowa.
Liz Christiansen, Director
George McCrory, Communications Specialist
The Office of Sustainability (OS) works with student interns to accomplish our projects and fulfill outreach activities.
Hailey Courtney, senior, Journalism and Geography
Hailey is working on social media communications for OS. She contributes to the blog, updates Facebook, Twitter, and the website. E-mail her with questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ilsa DeWald, sophomore
Ilsa is works with environmental student organizations also helps with composting and recyling programs on campus. Contact her at email@example.com.
Kelsey Zlevor, UI Student Government, Sustainability Initiatives Director
E-mail her with questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org